LEARNING ABOUT THE
PHARMACEUTICAL SOCIETY OF JAMAICA
The Jamaica Pharmacists’ Association was originally established with fifteen members and in 1944 the name was changed to the Pharmaceutical Society of Jamaica (PSJ).
The Articles of Association of the PSJ were entered in July 1948. A Code of Ethics, as well as a Constitution, with the aims and objectives of the Society was prepared from those early days. The mission of the association is to maintain the dignity of the profession by promoting high standards of conduct in all aspects of professional practice. The Society encourages a spirit of goodwill and cooperation among members of the profession and permits the involvement of pharmacists at all levels.
To promote health and serve society, as the profession responsible for the safe use of medication, pharmaceutical devices and services towards a desired therapeutic end.