NOTICE is hereby given that an Annual General Meeting of the Pharmaceutical Society of Jamaica (“The Society”) will be held on Sunday, June 22, 2014 at 9:30 am at the Sunset Jamaica Grande Resort Spa & Conference Centre, Ocho Rios in the parish of St. Ann. Election of officers for the administrative year November 1, 2014 to October 31, 2016 will take place.
Nominations are invited to fill the following positions:
- President, First Vice President, Second Vice President, Secretary, Assistant Secretary, Treasurer, Assistant Treasurer and six executive members
- The proposer shall be a fully paid up member of the Society
- Nominations shall be made on the prescribed form (Form 1C) and shall be submitted to the Secretariat no later than 12:00 noon, Monday June 9, 2014
- The candidate shall have consented to be nominated
- Only one candidate may be nominated on any nomination form
- Any candidate wishing to be nominated shall provide to the Secretary by the specified time, a completed nomination form (Form 1C) signed by him/her.
- A candidate shall:
- Be duly registered by the Pharmacy Council of Jamaica
- Be a fully paid up member of the Society
- Be normally resident in Jamaica
- Voting shall be by secret ballot and by certified proxy votes of eligible members and shall be permissible for all members of the executive
- The instrument appointing a proxy ( Form 1B)should be lodged at the Society’s Secretariat, 41 Lady Musgrave Road, Kingston 5 by 12:00 noon on Thursday June 19, 2014. In default the instrument of the proxy shall not be treated as valid.
- The instrument appointing a proxy must be in writing and duly signed
A pharmacist shall only be eligible to vote if:
- He/she is registered as a practicing pharmacist by the Pharmacy Council of Jamaica
- He/she has paid the requisite membership dues to the Society
- A pharmacist may appoint a proxy to attend and vote in his/her stead
- A proxy need not be a member of the Society
By order of the Board of Directors
Per: Donna Thomas (Mrs.)